Return & Exchange
(This does not apply to special order items. Special order items are non-returnable.)
BakFlip.com provides you with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee. You may return your product for any reason within 30 days of delivery of the product. (Some restrictions apply. See information below.) If you find that you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, give us a call. If we are at fault, we will replace the parts or exchange them at our discretion and our cost.
- Non-defective items that have not been installed, should be returned in new condition.
- Return Material Authorization (RMA) numbers are good for 30-days from the date of issue.
- Returns are not accepted for special order items unless we are at fault.
We strive to make returns or exchanges as easy as possible. If you need to return or exchange your product, please call 855-294-1351 (8am-6pm EST M-F) or email [email protected] If you’d like to return something from your order, we’ll happily refund the purchase price of the product minus a 20% restocking fee. Once the product is returned and inspected, you will receive a refund, minus the restocking fee. If you are exchanging your order, the restocking fee will be 10% plus any additional costs for the new item, if the new item costs more.
If the return is due to the product being defective or because of our error return shipping is on us!
No returned merchandise will be accepted without a Return Material Authorization (RMA). If delivery of a package is refused without prior authorization, or for any reason other than obvious shipping damage, then you will be responsible for the shipping costs in addition to the restocking fee.
- Custom painted products.
- Custom made products
- Installed, modified, drilled, or cut products
- LTL freight shipments
- Gift Cards
- Items outside of manufacturer's warranty
- Items listed with the "non-returnable" logo
Please call our tech line at 855-294-1351 before initiating a return or exchange so we can determine the best solution to your problem. Sometimes there's an easy solution!
If the product is just not what you wanted or if you made a mistake when ordering, please follow these instructions:
- Use the Contact Us page or call our Customer Service Department at 855-294-1351 (8am-6pm EST M-F) (link to correct site) for an RMA (Return Material Authorization). Let us know the Order Number and reason for return. You will find your order number on your invoice copy.
- We will issue you an RMA (Return Material Authorization), and email you instructions, usually within 1-3 business days. Please read the instructions carefully to ensure exchanges and refunds can be completed as quickly as possible.
- Whenever possible, please repackage your return in the original manufacturer's packaging with all items including the instructions, tags, and all related hardware. Please pack carefully to ensure item is not damaged in shipment. If you received your product damaged or with missing parts, please notify us immediately.
- Return shipping label will be emailed to you.
- Any product shipped back to BakFlip.com without previous authorization will be refused and the customer will pay return shipping charges.
- Send your return only to the warehouse address provided to you at the time we issue the return authorization number.
- Make sure to keep a record of the tracking number for your returning shipment. BakFlip.com cannot be responsible for the returned items until we, or our agents (factory or warehouses), have signed for the packages.
- BakFlip.com is not responsible for any items lost or damaged in shipping.
- Returns of non-defective products must be received in new and resaleable condition. The warehouse must inspect all non-defective returns before we can process refunds or exchanges.
- Please allow the usual banking time for refunds to appear on your credit card statement. This can take up to 7 business day from the day the refund is processed. BakFlip.com does not accept COD's on returns.
- Refunds are returned to whatever form of payment that was used at the time of purchase.
- If you paid by check or money order, please allow 2 weeks after the return is processed to receive your refund check.
- Expedited shipping charges are non-refundable.
**YOU MUST CALL IN and speak to a representative to officially cancel an order.
Orders CANNOT be canceled by email or voicemail. Orders are processed immediately to each shipping warehouse; therefore, it is almost impossible to cancel an order before it has shipped. Cancellations for custom made products must be received within 48 hours of order being placed. Custom made products may be subject to fees upon cancellation due to manufacturer production costs. Fees may range from $50 - $225 depending on which part of the process the cancellation is requested.
Please double check your email order confirmation for any errors as soon as you receive it. If there is an error, it is much easier to correct before any product is shipped!
UPS & FedEx Shipments
All items that are shipped are in new and unused condition. Most of the items you will purchase from us will be shipped using UPS or FedEx ground. If a package is delivered to you in damaged condition, you do have the option of refusing delivery of a package with obvious damage. If you accept delivery from UPS or FedEx and find it is damaged, please call us immediately at 855-294-1351.
Please save all boxes and packing material for inspection by the shipping company. Please DO NOT install your order if you receive it damaged or allow it to be installed, as we may not be able to replace damaged orders that have been installed on your vehicle. Digital photos of any damage or defects are always helpful and may be required to successfully process your return.
Please see our freight policy for items that ship via freight truck. Please call us when you need assistance in resolving a damage claim. We want this to be as painless as possible. These situations do happen and we are experienced in resolving damage claims.
Please call us immediately regarding any mistakes on your order. We need to hear about problems within 30 days of order receipt. If you gave us the correct part number or vehicle information, and we made a mistake:
- Let us know which item(s) you received incorrectly or what you are missing. We will go over the situation with you and will find the simplest, fastest way to resolve our mistake.
At times there will be products that fail due to a manufacturers defect. We honor all warranties provided by the individual manufacturers. Generally, warranties cover defects in materials and workmanship. Manufacturers will replace the parts or exchange them, at their discretion, upon proof of warranty issues. Warranties do not cover damage resulting from normal wear and tear, accident, misuse, neglect, improper installation, fire, vandalism, act of God, or any form of abuse. Labor and shipping (including items that need to be shipped back using LTL freight for a warranty) are not covered under any warranty.
This is the responsibility of the customer.
Please contact customer service for more specific details.
To make a warranty claim please follow these steps:
- Call Customer Service at 855-294-1351. Let us know the part number, order number, and the specific defect.
- Once we confirm the date the item was purchased and determine if the item is still under the manufacturer’s warranty time limit, we will ask you for a brief description of the defect. Digital photos of any damage or defects are always helpful and are sometimes necessary for the manufacturer to evaluate the damage and determine the best course of action. (Repair/Replace/Return).
- If the manufacturer determines that a product needs to be returned, please pack your return in a sturdy shipping carton using indestructible packing tape. Repackaging is the customer’s responsibility.
The package will be shipped LTL Truck Freight (on a semi-truck) and MUST BE INSPECTED UPON RECEIPT. The consignee (you or someone you appoint) must completely open and inspect the product.
***** IF THE PRODUCT IS DAMAGED
Please note ‘Damaged’ and a brief description of damage found on the delivery receipt (paperwork that the driver asks you to sign) and REFUSE THE SHIPMENT**. If you want a new product it is best to refuse the damaged one. If you follow this process we can get a new order going for you right away!
If the outside packaging has any signs of damage like creases, rips, tears, holes, punctures, crushed in, etc. and they still don’t let you open it to inspect (which sometimes happens) just make sure you note that on the delivery receipt and we’ve got you covered.
So what’s the big deal, why all the fuss?
Well, freight companies have all these rules about damage. They aren’t being difficult; they are just trying to be fair. If the product shows up damaged and you don’t note it at the time of the delivery then there is no way to prove that they accidentally caused it.
We know that freight drivers are usually in a hurry and if there are no signs of damage to the outside packaging then they really won’t stick around to let you open it up and look it over fully. If the outside packaging looks good then you should be okay to sign for the freight and let the driver go. If you discover something after they leave call us within 48 hours so we can report it. It gets a little more complicated and we have to move fast to file the damage claim. We only have a few days to report damage that isn’t reported on the delivery receipt and it is a lot harder to win the claim.)
It is VERY IMPORTANT that the freight be inspected before you sign the delivery receipt. By signing the receipt and accepting the shipment, you are releasing the freight company and all of its affiliates of any liability for damages that are not reported on the delivery receipt at the time of delivery.
*** If you receive a product that has a little bit of damage and instead of sending it back you want to keep it, contact us and we can work out getting it repaired in the field or some other resolution. You still need to make sure you note the damage on the delivery paperwork so we can file a claim for repair costs. If you do not note the damage it makes it very hard to win a claim. If you can take pictures of it right then that would be helpful too.