An Important Message to our Valued Customers
Due to industry-wide production issues stemming from COVID-19, many of our products are experiencing longer than average shipping times. While we are working to update the site with accurate shipping timelines, our estimated delivery dates are based on historical shipping information which may be impacted by supply chain issues and subject to delays. Due to these delays our incoming call volume has risen substantially, which has led to longer hold times. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this may be causing. Rest assured we’re working diligently to reach any customer who has requested contact via email or a return call. We’re truck enthusiasts who understand how eager our customers are to get their parts and upgrade their trucks. We ask for your patience as our service team continues to work toward addressing all of your questions, concerns, and return requests.
My Order Was Shipped FedEx
Simply put, if you don't love your BAK tonneau cover, we'll swap it out or return it within 30 days of purchase. (some exclusions apply).
I Don’t Like the Product I Ordered or I Ordered the Wrong Product.
If you choose to return or exchange your cover, please keep in mind that non-defective items that haven’t been installed should be returned in new condition. If you’re not satisfied with the product or if you made a mistake when ordering, please follow these instructions:
- Locate the item(s) you want to return in your order history.
- Select the item(s) and choose whether you want to return for a refund or an exchange. Fill out the approval form if prompted to do so.
- We will issue you an RMA (Return Material Authorization), and email you instructions, usually within 1-3 business days.
- To ensure you receive full credit for your return, package the item(s) in its original packaging with any related paperwork and hardware.
- Once we receive the item and verify it is in saleable condition, your refund or exchange will be processed to your original form of payment. This process can take up to seven business days.
The Order Arrived Damaged
If a package is delivered to you in damaged condition, you do have the option of refusing delivery of a package with obvious damage. If you accept delivery from FedEx and find it is damaged, please use the form on our Contact Us (https://BAKflip.com/contact/) page to submit a claim if you ordered directly from BAKflip.com. If you ordered from a third party and the item arrives damaged, you will need to contact your original place of purchase.
The Part Doesn’t Fit
Please call our install support team at 855-427-4568 before initiating a return or exchange so we can determine the best solution to your problem. Sometimes a minor adjustment is all that’s required for the item to fit.
My Order Was Shipped via LTL Freight Truck
Note: It is VERY IMPORTANT that freight deliveries be inspected before you sign the delivery receipt. By signing the receipt and accepting the shipment, you are releasing the freight company and all of its affiliates of any liability for damages that are not reported on the delivery receipt at the time of delivery.
I Don’t Like the Item I Ordered or I Ordered the Wrong Item
Freight orders are not eligible for returns.
Acceptable Freight Return Exceptions
• You placed an order with one of our representatives and received the incorrect item based on the information provided at the time of order.
• The product you received has a manufacturer's defect.
• You were sent a product different from the one you ordered.
The Order Arrived Damaged
Please note ‘Damaged’ and include a brief description of the damage found on the delivery receipt and REFUSE THE SHIPMENT. If you want a new product, it is best to refuse the damaged one and call us at 855-237-6283. If the damage is not extensive and you’d like to keep the item, make sure you still note the damage on the delivery receipt and contact us.
If the outside packaging has any signs of damage like creases, rips, tears, holes, punctures, crushed in, etc. and the driver won’t allow you to open the package to inspect it (which sometimes happens), please make sure you note that on the delivery receipt.
Please save all boxes and packing material for inspection by the shipping company. Please DO NOT install your order if you receive it damaged or allow it to be installed. Digital photos of any damage or defects are always helpful and may be required to successfully process your return.
General Returns Information
What Items are Non-Returnable?
- Items shipped to you via freight.
- Items with visible wear and tear.
- Items that have been modified, drilled, or cut.
- Items with the “non-returnable” logo.
- Replacement Parts purchased through a sales agent.
How do I Cancel an Order?
Visit the order status page, choose the item(s) you wish to cancel and select “cancel order”. Orders cannot be canceled by email or voicemail. If the item has already shipped, please refer to our return policy if you need to send an item back for a refund. Please double check your email order confirmation for any errors as soon as you receive it. If there is an error, it is much easier to correct before any product is shipped.
I Received the Wrong Item or My Order is Missing Parts
Please call us immediately regarding any mistakes on your order. We need to hear about problems within 30 days of order receipt.
How do I make a warranty claim?
Generally, warranties cover defects in materials and workmanship. Warranties do not cover damage resulting from normal wear and tear, accident, misuse, neglect, improper installation, fire, vandalism, act of God, or any form of abuse or modification. Labor and shipping (including items that need to be shipped back using LTL freight for a warranty) are not covered under any warranty. This is the responsibility of the customer.
- Visit our Contact Us page (https://BAKflip.com/contact/) and use the form on the right side of the page if you purchased directly through BAKflip.com.
- Select “Question about an existing order” from the first drop down box and “I’d like to submit a warranty claim” from the second, then fill out the form as directed.
- Once we determine if the item is still under warranty, we will ask you for a brief description of the defect. Digital photos of any damage or defects may be necessary for us to determine the best course of action.
- If it is determined that a product should be returned, please pack your return in a sturdy shipping carton using indestructible packing tape.
I Purchased a BAK Cover from Another Website
The BAK Guarantee only applies to tonneau cover purchases through BAKflip.com, TonneauCoversWorld.com, and RealTruck.com. BAK covers purchased from a third party are not eligible for the BAK Guarantee. All third-party returns, including warranty claims, should be initiated through the online retailer from whom they were purchased.
If you have any questions about returns, contact our service department at 855-693-9435.