An Important Message to our Valued Customers
Due to industry-wide production issues stemming from COVID-19, many of our products are experiencing longer than average shipping times. While we are working to update the site with accurate shipping estimates, our incoming call volume has risen substantially, which has led to longer hold times. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this may be causing. Rest assured we’re working diligently to reach any customer who has requested contact via email or a return call. We’re truck enthusiasts who understand how eager our customers are to get their parts and upgrade their trucks. We ask for your patience as our service team continues to work toward addressing all of your questions, concerns, and return requests.
Free Returns Within 30 Days
(This does not apply to special order items. Special order items are non-returnable.)
We’ve got your BAK with free returns on our automotive accessories. Starting January 1, 2019, you can return all or part of your purchase for free within 30 days. Free shipping and no restocking fee - isn’t that how it should be?
Some exclusions apply, see below for details on freight returns and items that are not eligible for return.
- Non-defective items that have not been installed should be returned in new condition.
- Return Material Authorization (RMA) numbers are good for 30-days from the date of issue.
- Returns are not accepted for special order items unless we are at fault.
Freight orders are not eligible for returns unless BAKFlip is at fault.
If you are returning or exchanging an item that shipped freight for any of the reasons listed below, you will not be subject to return shipping costs or fees:
- You placed an order over the phone and we sent you the wrong item.
- The product you received has a manufacturer’s defect.
- The manufacturer sent you a product different from the one you ordered.
*Remember to inspect freight orders upon delivery and do not accept delivery if the item is damaged or not what you ordered. Refuse the order and call us right away at 855-294-1351.
What Items are Not Eligible for Return?
- Items shipped to you via freight. Give us a call if you need to clarify, 855-294-1351.
- Custom-made and/or custom-painted products, unless we’re at fault. We will cover all costs associated with the return of custom-made and/or custom-painted products if:
- You placed an order over the phone or chat and we sent you the wrong item.
- The product you received has a manufacturer's defect.
- The manufacturer sent you a product different to the one you ordered.
- Items with visible wear and tear.
- Items that have been installed, modified, drilled, or cut.
- Items outside of the manufacturer’s warranty.
- Gift cards.
- Items with the “non-returnable” logo.
Returns After 30 Days
Need to return something that was delivered more than 30 days ago? It’ll be subject to manufacturer approval, plus a 20% restocking fee and shipping costs if the manufacturer will accept it. Give us a call at 855-294-1351 and we’ll help get the process started.
My Part Doesn’t Fit!
Please call our tech line at 855-294-1351 before initiating a return or exchange so we can determine the best solution to your problem. Sometimes there's an easy solution!
I Don’t Like the Product I Ordered or I Ordered the Wrong Product.
If the product is just not what you wanted or if you made a mistake when ordering, please follow these instructions:
- Use the Contact Us page or call our Customer Service Department at 855-294-1351 (8am-6pm EST M-F) (link to correct site) for an RMA (Return Material Authorization). Let us know the Order Number and reason for return. You will find your order number on your invoice copy.
- We will issue you an RMA (Return Material Authorization), and email you instructions, usually within 1-3 business days. Please read the instructions carefully to ensure exchanges and refunds can be completed as quickly as possible.
- Whenever possible, please repackage your return in the original manufacturer's packaging with all items including the instructions, tags, and all related hardware. Please pack carefully to ensure item is not damaged in shipment. If you received your product damaged or with missing parts, please notify us immediately.
- Return shipping label will be emailed to you.
- Any product shipped back to BAKFlip.com without previous authorization will be refused.
- Send your return only to the warehouse address provided to you at the time we issue the return authorization number.
- Make sure to keep a record of the tracking number for your returning shipment. BAKFlip.com cannot be responsible for the returned items until we, or our agents (factory or warehouses), have signed for the packages.
- BAKFlip.com is not responsible for any items lost or damaged in shipping.
- Returns of non-defective products must be received in new and resaleable condition. The warehouse must inspect all non-defective returns before we can process refunds or exchanges.
- Please allow the usual banking time for refunds to appear on your credit card statement. This can take up to 7 business day from the day the refund is processed. BAKFlip.com does not accept COD's on returns.
- Refunds are returned to whatever form of payment that was used at the time of purchase.
- If you paid by check or money order, please allow 2 weeks after the return is processed to receive your refund check.
- Expedited shipping charges are non-refundable.
How do I cancel an order?
**YOU MUST CALL IN and speak to a representative to officially cancel an order.
Orders CANNOT be canceled by email or voicemail. Orders are processed immediately to each shipping warehouse; therefore, it is almost impossible to cancel an order before it has shipped. Cancellations for custom made products must be received within 48 hours of order being placed. Custom made products may be subject to fees upon cancellation due to manufacturer production costs. Fees may range from $50 - $225 depending on which part of the process the cancellation is requested.
Please double check your email order confirmation for any errors as soon as you receive it. If there is an error, it is much easier to correct before any product is shipped!
My order was damaged in shipment.
UPS & FedEx Shipments
All items that are shipped are in new and unused condition. Most of the items you will purchase from us will be shipped using UPS or FedEx ground. If a package is delivered to you in damaged condition, you do have the option of refusing delivery of a package with obvious damage. If you accept delivery from UPS or FedEx and find it is damaged, please call us immediately at 855-294-1351.
Please save all boxes and packing material for inspection by the shipping company. Please DO NOT install your order if you receive it damaged or allow it to be installed, as we may not be able to replace damaged orders that have been installed on your vehicle. Digital photos of any damage or defects are always helpful and may be required to successfully process your return.
Please see our freight policy for items that ship via freight truck. Please call us when you need assistance in resolving a damage claim. We want this to be as painless as possible. These situations do happen and we are experienced in resolving damage claims.
We Sent You the Wrong Item or You are Missing Parts of Your Shipment
Please call us immediately regarding any mistakes on your order. We need to hear about problems within 30 days of order receipt. If you gave us the correct part number or vehicle information, and we made a mistake:
- Let us know which item(s) you received incorrectly or what you are missing. We will go over the situation with you and will find the simplest, fastest way to resolve our mistake.
Defects & Warranty Policy
At times there will be products that fail due to a manufacturers defect. We honor all warranties provided by the individual manufacturers. Generally, warranties cover defects in materials and workmanship. Manufacturers will replace the parts or exchange them, at their discretion, upon proof of warranty issues. Warranties do not cover damage resulting from normal wear and tear, accident, misuse, neglect, improper installation, fire, vandalism, act of God, or any form of abuse. Labor and shipping (including items that need to be shipped back using LTL freight for a warranty) are not covered under any warranty.
This is the responsibility of the customer.
Please contact customer service for more specific details.
How do I make a warranty claim?
BAKFlip handles missing parts, damages, returns, lost package claims, and other inquiries within 30 days of receipt of your order. For issues outside of this time frame please contact the manufacturer warranty department directly. This will streamline the resolution process and prevent communication gaps, which can cause your claim to be further delayed. Below you will find a list of the documentation that they may require so you can begin your request.
The information you will need to provide is:
Include your contact name, address, and day time phone number
Describe the product you purchased (include the year, make, and model of your vehicle)
When possible, describe the problem in one simple paragraph
Attach Images illustrating the problem
Attach proof of purchase (copy of your original sales receipt)
How to Handle LTL Deliveries
The package will be shipped LTL Truck Freight (on a semi-truck) and MUST BE INSPECTED UPON RECEIPT. The consignee (you or someone you appoint) must completely open and inspect the product.
***** IF THE PRODUCT IS DAMAGED
Please note ‘Damaged’ and a brief description of damage found on the delivery receipt (paperwork that the driver asks you to sign) and REFUSE THE SHIPMENT. If you want a new product it is best to refuse the damaged one. If you follow this process we can get a new order going for you right away!
If the outside packaging has any signs of damage like creases, rips, tears, holes, punctures, crushed in, etc. and they still don’t let you open it to inspect (which sometimes happens) just make sure you note that on the delivery receipt and we’ve got you covered.
So what’s the big deal, why all the fuss?
Well, freight companies have all these rules about damage. They aren’t being difficult; they are just trying to be fair. If the product shows up damaged and you don’t note it at the time of the delivery then there is no way to prove that they accidentally caused it.
We know that freight drivers are usually in a hurry and if there are no signs of damage to the outside packaging then they really won’t stick around to let you open it up and look it over fully. If the outside packaging looks good then you should be okay to sign for the freight and let the driver go. If you discover something after they leave call us within 48 hours so we can report it. It gets a little more complicated and we have to move fast to file the damage claim. We only have a few days to report damage that isn’t reported on the delivery receipt and it is a lot harder to win the claim.)
It is VERY IMPORTANT that the freight be inspected before you sign the delivery receipt. By signing the receipt and accepting the shipment, you are releasing the freight company and all of its affiliates of any liability for damages that are not reported on the delivery receipt at the time of delivery.
*** If you receive a product that has a little bit of damage and instead of sending it back you want to keep it, contact us and we can work out getting it repaired in the field or some other resolution. You still need to make sure you note the damage on the delivery paperwork so we can file a claim for repair costs. If you do not note the damage it makes it very hard to win a claim. If you can take pictures of it right then that would be helpful too.